Saturday, March 16, 2013

Summer can't get here fast enough.

I think we can all agree that we have had some amazing weather these past few days. It's warm and sunny and bright and it feels like summer is almost here, right? 

Wrong.

There is currently 96 days, 7 hours, 19 minutes and 12 seconds until the summer solstice, which is more relatively known as "the first day of summer."

This is a...well, for lack of a better word, it's a bummer. 

I'm really looking forward to summer this year. I don't know, it just all feels different. It feels like this summer can finally be about letting go and having fun with some of my best friends. 

Summer only lasts three months. Then it's back to school and monotonous routines. No more spur-of-the-moment plans. No more chasing after the ice-cream truck. No more late-night swims.

That's why this summer I'm making it a goal to have as much fun as I possibly can. I'm talking sleep-overs, pool parties, beach trips; basically anything and everything I can do to make this the best summer of my life.

Summer is about making new friends, growing closer to current friends, and reconnecting with old ones. Summer is about making a fool of yourself and not caring what people think. Summer is about shooting for the stars. Summer is about conquering your fears. Summer is about swan dives off the highest diving board. Summer is about midnight Skype calls. Summer is about afternoon iced-coffee get-togethers with your best friend. Summer is about your stomach hurting from laughing so much. Summer is about ice-cream fights. Summer is about running barefoot in the grass. Summer is about holding your breath as you jump into the pool. Summer is about singing loudly in the car with your friends. Summer is about fireworks. Summer is about long, warm nights. Summer is about roasting marshmallows around a bonfire. Summer is about the butterflies you get when he/she smiles. Summer is about mis-matched shoelaces. Summer is about popcorn and movie marathons. Summer is about chasing your dreams. 

Summer is about never wanting it to end.

Summer is about living. Summer is about you.




3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's times like these that make me realize only you could be my twin.

      Delete
    2. My only response to that is this;

      Cary: I miss him already.

      Cody: (from inside the closet) Aghhh! A spiiider!

      Zack: I don't.

      Delete