Friday, September 26, 2014

You lift my heart up when the rest of me is down.

SPOILER: THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS MUSIC THAT MIGHT BE TOO AMAZING FOR SOME LISTENERS. HEADPHONES RECOMMENDED.

I first heard about Sam Smith last winter at a dance convention that my dance team and I attended. Chris Jones choreographed us a jazz/hip hop routine to Sam's collaboration with popular British DJ duo Disclosure. In the months that followed the convention, Sam Smith practically exploded into an international phenomenon. 

His debut studio album, In The Lonely Hour, has reached Top Tens charts in several countries and held the #1 spot in England for four consecutive weeks. His powerful and often emotional vocals have captured the hearts of millions, but never the heart he wants. "In The Lonely Hour," he says, "is an album all about unrequited love." 

Let's kick things off with one of the hottest dance tracks of the summer.

1."Latch" by Disclosure ft. Sam Smith


This next song is one of his most famous and loved singles. 

2. "Stay With Me" 


Be careful listening to this one, the chorus will be stuck in your head for the next 24 hours. Don't say I didn't warn you...

3. "Money On My Mind" 


His slower songs are always my favorites. 

4. "I'm Not The Only One" 


This last song is in my Top Five favorite songs of all time. (Fun fact: This song will be my husband's and my First Dance song!)

5. "Lay Me Down" 


In my opinion, Sam Smith is one of the best artists I've come across in my humble sixteen years. I have a different connection to each of his songs. For this reason, I can never get bored of them. I just keep falling in love with them every time I listen to them. 

Here's a bonus song off of his debut EP, Nirvana

Bonus: "Nirvana" 


No comments:

Post a Comment